Drain the last drop from your second cup of coffee, leave the newspaper on the desk, and sit on down for today’s Morning Dump.
- German Foreign Ministers Support Euro. This should be a surprise to…no one. No other European Union economy has benefited from the Euro has much as Germany, whose become (once again) the economic powerhouse of Europe…which of course, creates fear in the mind of everyone on the continent (including Germany) of an all-powerful Germany. But some are criticizing Chancellor Angela Merkel’s moves towards greater European consolidation as to the Euro because, well, Germany is the only one on the block with a crap ton of money, and the hooligans want a cut (*cough* Greece *cough*)
- Rebels Plant Seeds for Syria’s Future. With President Assad’s regime crumbling, the rebels in the North are moving Syria towards a free and democratic future. Syria has, in essence, become a two-state country: Assad’s Syria in the South and Free Syria in the North. Kudos to the Northern Rebels. Keep it going, kids!
- Touchdown Dances Always Result in A Flag. Former Special Ops officers, including the Navy SEALs, are out with an ad against President Obama for “spiking the football” when it comes to the killing of Osama bin Laden and the national security leaks. I leave it to Benjamin Smith, former U.S. SEAL. Bazinga.
“Mr. President, you did not kill Osama bin Laden. America did,” he says. “We have become a political weapon. We are not.”
- Um… I wish I had words for this, but I don’t. Touré (no last name? or no first name?) on MSNBC (Mostly Stupid, Non-Believable Crap) said Mitt Romney is engaging in the “n*ggerization” of President Obama. Parent company NBC suspends Touré in 5…4…3…2…1…wait no? Shocking.
“That really bothered me,” he said. “You notice he says ‘anger’ twice. He’s really trying to use racial coding and access some really deep stereotypes about the angry black man. This is part of the playbook against Obama. The otherization, he’s not like us. I know it’s a heavy thing to say. I don’t say it lightly. But this is ni–erization. You are not one of us, and that you are like the scary black man who we’ve been trained to fear.”
- Harry Reid: The anonymous source is me? According to Tax Attorney Alvin Brown, Section 6103(f) of the Internal Revenue Code allows members of the Senate or House to request tax return information, as well as the President. Does Harry Reid have them in his possession? No clue. But, it is “unlawful” to make a disclosure of any private information in a tax return under section 7213 of the IRS Code. Clusterfudge, that’s for sure.
- Bullet proof? The Magic Bullet? Faster than speeding bullet? Former Harris County Judge Robert Eckel’s dreams of a bullet train in Texas are alive and well. Is it possible without public funding? Is this Perry’s Trans-Texas Corridor all over again? Personally, I would DIE to be able to get from Houston to Dallas in 90 minutes!
IRONY OF THE DAY: JUDICIAL DUR-ISM
- This is now how you win a case on Voter ID. The lead plantiff in the suit to block the Voter ID bill in Pennsylvania went and got the ID she needs to be able to vote. Yeah, I’m sure the judges in this state are all laughing at this.
“Nothing has changed since Viviette Applewhite, 93, testified in July. The law stands. She still doesn’t have a driver’s license or Social Security card. The name on her birth certificate is still different from the name on her other documents – all of which, under the law, should have barred her from getting her photo ID.
But at precisely 1:16 p.m. Thursday, she got it anyway.
‘You just have to keep trying,’ said Applewhite, who uses an electric wheelchair. ‘Don’t give up.’
State officials called it an unplanned exercise in what they’ve been saying for weeks: Clerks behind counters at Pennsylvania Department of Transportation centers can take age and other factors into consideration when granting exceptions to the list of documents the law requires, licensing bureau director Janet Dolan said.”
SECOND IRONY OF THE DAY: WE ARE FAMILY?
Now back to your regularly scheduled work day. As if you are doing work, it’s Friday anyhow.