The final day of the Democratic National Conference was last night. Quick-hits:
- Gabby Giffords giving the pledge of allegiance. Moving. Brought to tears.
- Caroline Kennedy continues to show why she would have been an awful Senator. And of course, God can’t keep a Kennedy away from a camera.
- Jennifer Granholm was an awful Governor…and her 5 viewers on Current TV (what?) were doubled to TEN on CSPAN
- John Kerry is still smarting from the 2004 loss. But the best line of his speech? “Ask Osama bin Laden if he’s better off now than he was four years ago?”
- Charlie Crist, still bitter about losing to Marco Rubio
- Joe Biden…LITERALLY a buffoon.
- Barack Obama, not his best speech. Where he could have moved the needle with a grand speech, he fell flat. No specifics, just rhetoric. Bill Clinton gave the speech Obama needed to. Obama gave his ’08 speech in ’12, and that won’t cut it.