- Oh General Petraeus, why? WHY? You had everything going for you and you blew it. You were going to be like Eisenhower, someone both parties were going to fight over to run for President. You would become immensely popular on both sides of the aisle and unite a divided nation with your leadership, and you blew it.
- Rumors of Massachusetts Senator John Kerry moving into SecDef role. While I think that is hilarious, Kerry, weak, spineless, John Kerry as Secretary of DEFENSE, it does open up a Senate seat. A 2013 special election would be perfect for Scott Brown — Senate control is not up in the air, he’s way popular still, and those idiots in MA can have the best of both worlds, Scott Brown and Elizabeth Warren. He’d run for a full term in 2014. So that’s 2010 special, 2012 general, 2013 special, 2014 general. Poor man.
- Susan Rice will not be Secretary of State. She won’t get through Senate confirmation. That I can say with absolute certainty. Darkhouse: Jon Huntsman.
- 2014 Senate races heating up. 3 of the 4 Republican House members in Arkansas are exploring potential runs against Mark Pyror. I’d say his time is running out. Within the next few months, we will candidates gear up for races in Alaska, Louisiana, South Dakota, Virginia, Arkansas, North Carolina, Colorado, West Virginia and Minnesota.
- Seems like GOP leaders are looking hard in the mirror. In the past few days, we’ve seen immigration reform, tax reform, potential tax hikes, and gay marriage work their way into the soul searching of the GOP before 2016. The party of small government: tax reform, immigration reform, civil liberties, and getting government out of your personal life (gay marriage and drug laws). Winning message.
- Texas secession = shut up. Same to you Louisiana and Alabama. Just shut up.
In the words of Meghan McCain this week, “I am not a moderate Republican. I am a modern Republican.”