- Surprise! Jobless claims rise. Numbers adjusted to reflect bad data. I’m so surprised. “In the week ending October 13, the advance figure for seasonally adjusted initial claims was 388,000, an increase of 46,000 from the previous week’s revised figure of 342,000.” Recovery!! /sarc
- White House says Obama will veto any bill blocking the fiscal cliff unless it raises taxes on the rich. “Freed from the political and economic constraints that have tied his hands in the past, Obama is ready to play hardball with Republicans, who have so far successfully resisted a deal to tame the debt that includes higher taxes, Obama’s allies say.” It means he is toast, he knows he is losing and he just wants to screw us one last time.
- Crazy Uncle Joe opens his mouth again: “We are absolutely — this is to our core — my daughter, and my granddaughters and Barack’s daughters are entitled to every single solitary operation! EVERY SINGLE SOLITARY OPERATION!” But not men, because no one needs their vote! /War on Men
- Mark Halperin says, are you kidding me? 3 weeks form the election and Obama is focused on “binders of women?” It’s called a desperation strategy/grasping at straws. Please look away and continue voting.
- Rasmussen Daily Tracking: Romney 49 – Obama 46. Romney is gaining separation even post-second debate. With learners: 49-47 Romney. 47%…just like Romney said…
- Michelle Obama: “See, but your president, he didn’t point fingers. He didn’t place blame. Instead, he got to work, because he was thinking about folks like my dad and like his grandmother.” Right, please ignore Obama and his surrogates screaming BUSH!!!!1!!!!11 as loud as they can with their fingers in their ears. Michelle goes under the bus in 3…2…1…
Category Archives: Michelle Obama
Sorry about the delay in posting. It’s been quite a day indeed.
But let me sum up the main speeches:
- Harry Reid…sad little man.
- Ted Strickland is so partisan it hurts. I guess because he’s no longer in office and lost to John Kasich still tickles his britches because he’s so blindly partisan, it annoys me.
- Gov. Martin O’Malley (MD)….for being a “2016 contender,” he sucked.
- Lilly Ledbetter…annoys me.
- Corey Booker…Senate candidate 2014, “Book” it. Haha.
- Mayor Julian Castro….compelling life story and an up-and-comer “Hispanic Obama.” But look, he isn’t going anywhere really. Big-city mayors in Texas have little appeal outside of their cities (Kirk 2002, White 2010, Leppert 2012). If he runs for Congress and parlays it t the Senate, perfect. If he runs for state rep/senator and parlays it to Governor, even better. He won’t be the first Hispanic governor of Texas…in order: (1) George P. Bush; (2) Rafael Anchia; (3) Leticia van de Putte. But he’s a great speaker who can deliver a punch with a smile. Rare talent.
- Michelle Obama: fantastic. She makes Barack Obama look really good, but that’s what wives do. Great story, really brought people to tears, and inspired many. But enough of the Michelle/Ann 2016 crap. Spouses don’t translate well after speeches (read: Elizabeth Dole, 1996 -> failed presidential run in 2000).
Oh BEST PART of the night: Castro’s daughter.